Job Title: Contract Management Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Contracting and Procurement
Group/Department: Administrative and Financial Affairs/University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
University of Global Health Equity is on a mission to radically change the way health care is delivered around the world. UGHE is a new university based in Rwanda that is building the next generation of global health professionals—doctors, nurses, researchers, and public health and policy experts—into leaders and change makers who strive to deliver more equitable, quality health services for all.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in needed, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
The Contract Management Coordinator’s task is to ensure consistent management of all contracts. S/he will be responsible for preparing, revising, negotiating, examining, and analyzing contracts on behalf of UGHE. S/he duties will include researching a contract’s terms, alerting parties to renewals or extensions and tracking all communications between UGHE and vendors.
The Coordinator’s role in the contract development process requires close collaboration with various departments.
● Prepare, negotiate, record, file and archive all contracts and other legal documentation on behalf of UGHE.
● Monitor contracts and move forward with close-out, extension or renewal according to what’s best for the UGHE
● Create and maintain or serve as the point of contact for matters concerning contracts.
● Maintain records for correspondence and documentation in relation to established contracts and those in progress.
● Communicate and present information to User Department about all contract-related matters.
● Solve any contract-related problems that may arise with other parties and internally with the Institution itself.
● Master’s or advanced degree in Law, Business Management, Procurement/supply chain or any related field
● At least 5 years of relevant experience required, including contract drafting, procurement/supply chain
● Teamwork and the ability to work with a variety of people at all levels
● Exceptional written and oral communication skills
● Attention to detail and strong understanding of agreements
● Demonstrate a solid understanding of legal terminology
● Must have strong computer skills and knowledge of common programs such as Microsoft Office
● Capable of professionally managing confidential information
● Exemplify creative problem solving abilities
● Has strong negotiation and mediation skills
● Possesses superior attention to detail in order to spot inconsistencies in contract
Interested candidates should submit 1) CV and 2) cover letter detailing interest and aptitude for this position by clinking Apply button below not later than 15th June 2022.