Human Resources Director
The Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA) is a unique and innovative English language undergraduate institution dedicated to preparing the next generation of agricultural leaders of Rwanda and East Africa. Students at RICA will engage in curricular and co-curricular learning opportunities emphasizing Conservation Agriculture and One Health principles, oral and written communication, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
In an experiential learning environment, students will develop the knowledge and experience necessary for a wide range of careers in agriculture. Students at RICA will experience the six Enterprises including Dairy, Poultry and Swine, Food Processing, Row and Forage Crops, Vegetable and Fruit Crops, Irrigation and Mechanization. The curriculum is designed to incorporate threads of Innovation, Conservation, OneHealth Systems Thinking, and Entrepreneurship. Communication, One Health Systems Thinking, and Entrepreneurship are woven throughout the curriculum. All RICA graduates will be innovative problem solvers able to operate farms and ranches, start agribusinesses, assume management roles in cooperatives, NGOs, and other agricultural enterprises, serve their communities as extension agents and technical and policy experts, or assume positions of agricultural leadership in Rwanda.
We are seeking a Human Resources Director to provide operational leadership of Human Resources programs including employment, onboarding, compensation, benefits, employee relations, training, development, employee wellness, and retention of employees. She or He should be able to work with a variety of people and have exceptional communication skills. They will support the development, review, and modification of processes, procedures, and programs for human resource management that are in compliance with Rwandan Law and Institute requirements.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Ensure effective human resource programs including recruitment, orientation, onboarding, performance evaluation, career development, training, risk management and safety
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Work closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Responsibility for other HR initiatives including the development, expansion and implementation of an enhanced performance management and development scheme.
- Building effective relationships across the Institute to enhance the department’s reputation and to effectively deliver on the objectives of the
- Oversee and manage employee separations and coordinate applicable employee exit (offboarding)
- Manage and implement projects related to his/her areas of skills and
- Play a lead role in the development of a seamless HR operations function, driving process reengineering initiatives and operations performance.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related area
- Over 5 years’ experience in a large and complex organization is expected
- Able to demonstrate tact, confidentiality, diplomacy and culturally appropriate sensitivity when dealing with human resources issues
- Knowledge of relevant Rwandan Laws relating to employees
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills and proficiency
- A Master’s Degree
- A successful track record of working with professional/knowledge employees
- An ability to innovate and apply HR best practice in a university environment
- Experience in a HE institution
- Good working knowledge of Kinyarwanda
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE RICA TEAM
Founding staff at RICA will be part of creating something unique in the world. While working with other world-class educators and researchers, you will transform agriculture in Rwanda and East Africa for a conservation-minded and food-secure future. RICA staff will also enjoy an internationally competitive salary commiserate with the applicant’s background, a relocation allowance, on-campus staff housing or a housing subsidy, and an on-campus meal plan.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are required to submit a CV/resume, degree, and certificates (Please combine/merge your resume/CV with your degree certificate as one PDF file before uploading on BambooHR).
Application review will begin on August 4, 2021 and will continue until a successful candidate is identified.